Sunday, March 11, 2012

Choir Fix

It's not that difficult to get my caffeine fix, or even my favourite cupcake fix from Little Cupcakes down the infamous Degraves St. But recently, I'm craving for my choir fix. At this point, you might think, "what the?"

As far as I can remember, I've been singing since my sunday school years - let's say, 5-6 years old. We (me and my sunday school buddies) performed for a Christmas celebration. Since then I started to develop a genuine passion for singing. Somehow I passed the audition at my junior high school for a prestigious national choir competition. Dedicated Sundays for practices and rehearsals, even skipped classes on school days (authorized by teachers, of course, since we were about to win something for the school! haha). Oh how I miss those days! (we came out second place, btw) I did joined senior high school's choir, but didn't manage to continue singing with them because I was struggling with my studies and teen issues at that moment. (teen issues?!)

I was then a regular member of my church's vocal groups and choirs. Performed some of the most memorable musicals, recorded an EP, had local tours, and even though it's five or six or seven years ago, the tunes are still well kept in my head. Sometimes it plays itself and I found myself humming to them. (No it's not the ipod, I don't even have one). When I left my hometown for down under I joined my church's choir here during my first year, and did an EP as well with them. Too bad because of work commitments I have to leave my recent choir group. As I'm typing this, I just realized it was quite a history!

I miss seeing choir performances like I did during Asian Choir Games back in 2007. Most of all, I miss being in a choir. 

in memoriam of Voice of Veritas 2002-2010 , its multi-talented coach, as well as its treasured members.

No comments:

Post a Comment