Saturday, January 12, 2013

Clouds Unloaded

The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.  ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I've got this 'little thing called love' for the rain, as long as it's not hailing, storming, or flooding - of course. Raindrops are somewhat musical to my ears. One of my favourite rituals back when I lived across my university building was staring at droplets of water falling from the sky through my third-floor tiny studio apartment's only window. I just found it quite sentimental. And then I write, or draw, or paint, and my mind seems to just go with the flow. The power of 'water feature'? I don't really know.

When I'm outside, it's my kind of entertainment to observe around. People with umbrellas, people with ponchos. Some drenched and don't really care. Kids holding onto their mum's hand, dads carrying their babies up. Puddles everywhere, like a jumping game for people chasing trams or simply trying to find shelter. It's commotion, even before hail comes to say hello. And watching from above, the sky doesn't seem to care.

Despite the chaos, I'm faithful to my love. You'll see me folding my umbrella, taking a seat on the tram, maybe staring at my soaked converse sneakers. I'll get home, having a bowl of instant noodle soup, a warm shower, and tucked myself under the quilt, respectively.

And secretly hoping the rain won't stop till the sun shine up.

No comments:

Post a Comment